Effective February 18, 2017, empty Hanjin leased containers can be recovered from Port of Virginia’s facilities, by container leasing companies, under the following two conditions:
- An empty release charge of $254.00 per container must be paid prior to pick-up
- Beginning on November 1, 2016, a storage charge of $2.55 per day has been applied against empty Hanjin leased containers remaining on Port of Virginia facilities. All outstanding storage charges must be paid to allow the pick-up of remaining units. This includes the storage charges that accrued on all containers recovered after the last free date, October 31, 2016.
- Once the empty release AND storage payment is received the containers will be released; however, if boxes are not picked up within 30 days of payment release they will be put on hold again until payment is received for the current month’s storage.
- To expedite release, payment of the storage charges should be made via wire or money transfer.
- Complete payment instructions can be found here:Empty Release Payments
- Pickup Hours:
- NIT & PMT– Monday – Friday (8am – 5pm) - No Saturday pickups
- VIG - Normal Gate Hours including Saturdays
- PPCY – Normal Gate Hours including Saturdays
Invoice or Payment Questions? - Please contact Megan Whitmore at 757-440-2649 or AccountReceivable@portofvirginia.com
For all other questions contact the port’s Customer Service Team at 757-440-7160 or POVCustomerService@vit.org